When the Starmobile Up Vision was announced, it caught our attention due to its unique technology. The proudly Pinoy company included an ISDB-T TV tuner inside its internals making it the first smartphone with digital TV technology. But honestly, we find the Knight Vision a little to pricey. So we are so glad that Starmobile unveiled an affordable smartphone with the same TV technology. So let’s unbox it!
Starmobile Up Vision:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6582M processor
- Mali 400 MP2 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.7-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing Sony camera with autofocus, BSI, Blue Glass Filter and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing Samsung camera with flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, Miracast and Chromecast support
- GPS, A-GPS
- 1,800 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P5,990
- Status: Available on Starmobile stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- two screen protectors
- flip cover
- clear case
- USB cable
There’s no denying, this is the Starmobile Up HD with an antenna. Even the specs are the same. Compared to the Up HD, the Up Vision is a little heavier maybe because of the ISDB-T tuner inside. One notable difference in the specs is the camera. The Up Vision has a 13 megapixel rear camera compared to the Up HD’s 8 megapixel rear shooter.
We noticed that Starmobile did not include a bigger battery and opted to ship it with the same 1,800 mAh battery of the Up HD. We will be testing the Up Vision’s performance in the camera department and its ISDB-T tuner. Full review will be in a week.