Microsoft has just announced its third generation Surface tablet. It is the thinnest and lightest Surface to date. It now has a new chipset from Intel and runs Windows 8.1, no more Windows RT. All desktop apps from Windows 7 will also run here. This is Microsoft’s answer to the recently announced Apple’s new Macbook.
Microsoft Surface 3
- 1.6GHz Quad Core Intel Atom x7-78700 processor
- 2GB RAM – 16GB internal storage
- 4GB RAM – 128GB internal storage
- 10.8-inch Full HD ClearType Plus display (1920 x 1280 pixels)
- With Surface Pen support
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus
- 3.5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dolby audio stereo speakers
- WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, Cover port
- Windows 8.1
The Microsoft Surface 3 will have 1-year Office 365 subscription and 1TB OneDrive cloud storage. It will be available on May at $499 for the 2GB RAM/16GB variant and $599 for the 4GB RAM/128GB variant. Let’s keep our fingers crossed. We hope Microsoft could bring this officially to the Philippines.