If in case you are not aware, Sony has already sold its laptop PC-making business to an investment company called Japan Industrial Partners last year. Sony still a small 5% minority stake at VAIO Corporation. Now, VAIO has just announced its first smartphone called the VAIO Phone. It is a mid range smartphone with a quite high pricetag.
- 1.2GHz Quad Core processor
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch HD TFT display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera
- LTE, WiFi,m WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,500 mAh battery
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
Unfortunately, the VAIO Phone is only available in Japan. Even VAIO notebook PCs are only available in Japan as of the moment. We just hope VAIO could establish some presence in other countries very soon.