Xiaomi had a successful 2014 because of the company’s astounding sales in China and neighboring countries like India and the Philippines. To further strengthen its foothold in the entry level smartphone market, Xiaomi announced its successor to the Redmi 1s. The Xiaomi Redmi 2 is an entry level smartphone that retains the screen size of the Redmi 1s. Other notable improvements is the inclusion of LTE and now powered by Qualcomm’s 64-bit processor.
Xiaomi Redmi 2:
- Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 4.7-inch HD IPS LCD display (720 x 1280 pixels) with One Glass Solution
- Asahi Dragontrail Glass
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,200 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
Xiaomi will be present in the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2015 in Las Vegas and for sure the Redmi 2 will make its debut there. The phone is now available for pre-order in China.