Its been a long time since we reviewed a tablet. Starmobile was kind enough to lend us their latest tablet offering the Starmobile Engage 7 3G+. This tablet is also a phone because of its dual SIM capabilities, make/receive calls and send/receive texts. Before we unbox it, let’s have a short rundown of texts.
Starmobile Engage 7 3G+
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT8382 processor
- Mali 400MP2 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 7-inch IPS LCD display (600 x 1024 pixels) 170 ppi
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P4,990
- Status: Available on Starmobile stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- USB cable
We immediately find the Starmobile Engage 7 3G+ a little chunky and with heft. Despite its heftiness, the tablet is well built. It feels it can withstand a drop. We find, however, the chassis attracts fingerprints especially at the back. The volume rockers and power/lock button are found at the right side of the device while the 3.5mm headset jack and USB charging are found on port on the top.
Since the tablet is powered by a quad core processor, we have not found any lags and hiccups during our first 24 hours with it. We immediately downloaded our favorite game, Clash of Clans and it ran pretty well. We will be doing more tests especially on gaming, performance and internet connectivity. Expect our full review in a week.