People flocked all Apple resellers yesterday at the launch of the Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. We’ve shared our hands on experience with the iPhone 6 yesterday and now we are sharing our hands on experience with its bigger brother, the Apple iPhone 6 Plus.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus specs:
- 1.4GHz Dual Core Apple A8 processor
- PowerVR GX6450 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 16/64/128GB internal storage
- 5.5-inch Retina HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 401 ppi
- shatter proof glass
- 8 megapixel iSight camera with autofocus, optical image stabilization and dual LED flash
- 1.2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,915 mAh battery
- iOS 8.1
- SRP: 16GB – P41,990, 64GB – P47,990, 128GB – P53,990
- Status: Available via Globe and Smart, Apple resellers and retailers
HANDS ON IMPRESSIONS:
This is the first time to we’ve seen an iPhone so big! In terms of size, it is almost the same size of the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 despite the iPhone 6 Plus has smaller 5.5-inch display. It is also slippery just like the Apple iPhone 6 and the risk of dropping it without a case is higher than its smaller brother. So if you are buying one it is a MUST that you also buy a case.
Unlike the iPhone 6, the iPhone 6 Plus caught our interest simply because of some feature present on it. When you tilt the phone, screen shifts to portrait mode like a tablet. The 5.5-inch is in full HD so watching videos and playing is such a joy. Optical Image Stabilization on the 8 megapixel rear camera brings much better photos too. Battery life is outstanding according to a friend who already owns one.
We suddenly fell in love with it. And then there’s the Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Comparing what the Note 4 can do, all of the sudden the iPhone 6 Plus was out of the picture. But this is just Apple’s very first phablet, we believe improvements will come when the iPhone 6S Plus will debut next year.
Here is CNET’s comparison between the Apple iPhone 6 Plus and the Samsung Galaxy Note 4: