Chinese smartphone maker Oppo broke the record of having the world’s thinnest smartphone from its main Chinese rival Gionee when it announced the Oppo R5. It is now the thinnest smartphone around with only 4.85mm thick which includes the protruding camera but the rest of the body is only 4mm thin.
- 1.5GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor
- Adreno 405 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory
- 5.2-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 423 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX 214 camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4,4 Kitkat with Color OS
No word yet as to when will it be available in the Philippines but according to top tech blog Yugatech, the SRP will be P22,990.