Gionee Philippines recently opened a concept store in SM Megamall. During the opening ceremonies, the company also unveiled the Gionee GPad G5, a 5.5-inch phablet powered by a hexa core processor. We were able to play around with the GPad G5 for a couple of minutes and here’s our first impressions with it.
Gionee GPad G5:
- 1.5GHz Hexa Core Mediatek MT6591 processor
- Mali 450 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- Asahi Dragontrail scratch resistant glass
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- 2,400 mAh battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P9,499
- Status: Available in Gionee stores,kiosks, retailers
Design-wise, the Gionee GPad G5 is a beautiful piece of hardware. Made of polycarbonate plastic, the phone looks elegant to hold. Yes, its kinda big but not bulky because the phone is very slim. The 5.5-inch display looks really good to look at. The colors tends to be on the cool side but that’s okay. The screen has a Dragontrail glass which gives protection to your phone’s screen from scratches.
Gionee opted to use a more stock Android UI rather than its signature Amigo UI which is present on the flagship Gionee ELife S5.5 and ELife E7. But nonetheless, the experience was fluid and fast thanks to its hexa core processor powering the device. If given a chance, we would love to take test this phone further for us to know how it fares on extreme gaming. There’s no LTE here guys. The phone only has HSPA+ connectivity
To sum it all up, it is the smartphone you might want to add to your shopping list this coming holiday season. At P9,499, this is absolutely a good buy.