We were strolling around SM Aura Premier yesterday afternoon when we passed by the Samsung store. A big Samsung Galaxy Note 4 banner was on the store. When we entered, there are live Samsung Galaxy Note 4 demo units which made us eager to play it around. So, here’s our take.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4:
- 2.5GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor
- Adreno 420 graphics for the Qualcomm processor
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB of internal storage with expandable memory up to 64GB
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED display (1440 x 2560 pixels) 515 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 16 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, Optical Image Stabilization and LED flash
- 3.7 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, NFC, Infrared Port
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- 3,220 mAh battery
- Android 4.4.4 Kitkat
- SRP: P37,990 on Samsung stores
When looking at the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 only, it looks a lot like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 of last year only thinner and more elegant. Holding it is a different story. This is the first time we were able to hold a Samsung smartphone made with premium materials. It really felt so premium like it just so right to may more than 36k to own it.
Seeing a QHD (Quad HD) Super AMOLED display on a 5.7-inch screen is just so amazing. Icons and pictures do pop! Colors are more accurate and less saturated than the Note 3.
We only played around the Note 4 for a couple of minutes and we must say it is one powerful smartphone. Of course the Note 4 can handle basic tasks easily but if given a chance we want to spend more time with it to test its capabilities on heavy and demanding tasks.
Bottomline, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is one beautiful piece of hardware with monstrous specs. We are hoping and praying that we can secure a review unit. 🙂