Apple has announced the Apple iPad Air 2, a day after rival Google announced the Google Nexus 9. The iPad Air 2 is an upgrade of last year’s Apple iPad Air. Now the new iPad is thinner, has better camera, better LTE and WiFi connection, and powered by Apple’s new A8X processor.
Apple iPad Air 2:
- 1.3GHz Dual Core Apple A8X processor
- PowerVR G6430 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 16/34/128GB internal memory
- 9.7-inch IPS LCD display (1536 x 2048 pixels) 264 ppi
- Scratch resistant glass
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus
- 1.2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0,
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 8,600 mAh Li-Po battery
- iOS 8.1
The Apple iPad Air 2 will be available in the US on October 24 and Apple is already accepting pre-orders. No word yet about its local availability.