Taking a selfie or groupfie (group selfie) is one of the favorite things we do with our smartphone. Some smartphone makers have leveled up the quality of their front facing cameras especially local players like Starmobile and Cherry Mobile with their 8 megapixel front facing camera with flash. Sony recently released the Xperia C3 with a 5 megapixel front camera with flash.
HTC brought the competition to the next level with the announcement of the HTC Desire EYE yesterday. A smartphone with a 13 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash. Not just that, the phone has flagship specs and it is water resistant too.
HTC Desire EYE:
- 2.3GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.2-inch Full HD LCD display (1080 x 1920 pixels) 424 ppi
- IPX7 certified – dust proof and water resistant up to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- 13 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,400 Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat
This is not the first time we’ve seen a smartphone with a 13 megapixel front camera. Remember the THL T100s? With that kind of specs, the HTC Desire EYE can definitely compete with the flagship smartphones – the Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S5, Sony Xperia Z3, Nokia Lumia 930, and the LG G3.
Here’s some hands on video from International tech blogs: