Our good friends from Starmobile sent us another review unit and this time it is the Starmobile Quest. Launched sometime in June, the Quest’s main selling point is the phone’s rear facing camera. But before we dig deeper in to the phone itself, let’s have a short unboxing and first impressions first.
Starmobile Quest specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 processor
- Adreno 302 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.5-inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels) 248 ppi
- One Glass Solution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Audio+
- 12 megapixel rear facing Sony BSI camera, f/2.0 Aperture, autofocus, and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing Toshiba camera with autofocus
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (micro + micro SIM)
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
- SRP: P6,590 (now on sale P5,490 until September 30, 2014)
- Status: Available on Starmobile Stores and kiosks
What’s inside the box?
- USB cable
- clear plastic case
Note: The retail package includes a headset but unfortunately, our review unit here does not have a headset.
By nature, Filipinos really have small hands, although there is a sizable market for big smartphones or phablets, there is still market for smaller smartphones. In fact, we know some people who find the 5-inch Starmobile Up too big for them. When we showed the Quest to these people, the immediately asked if it is already available and they want to buy one. The Quest is quite nice to hold. It is thin, light, kinda rounded and the striking red back cover that we have here doesn’t attract fingerprints.
It doesn’t mean that it is a smaller phone, is has entry level specs. Actually, the Quest has specs of a mid range smartphone. It is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 200 quad core processor so expect smoothness from its vanilla Android UI. We immediately conducted our first Antutu Benchmark and we got a score of 16,335 points. Not bad!
We know you are all excited to see how the phone performs in everyday tasks, gaming and most especially the camera but we will reserve all of that on our full review. Give us a few days to take this phone for a spin and expect our full review pretty soon! 🙂
Wanna ask something? Tweet and follow @immarkmarcelo on Twitter and Instagram.