When we reviewed the MyPhone Rio, it is one of our most articles until now. We’ve been reading emails and comments from readers requesting us to review the MyPhone Rio Lite. So, request granted! Let’s proceed with the unboxing shall we?
MyPhone Rio Lite specs:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6582M processor
- Mali 400MP4 graphics
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.7-inch WVGA IPS LCD display (480 x 800 pixels)
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM (Regular + Micro SIM), Dual 3G, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P3,999
- Status: Available on MyPhone stores, kiosks and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
- USB cable
The MyPhone Rio Lite looks like its bigger brother, the 5-inch Rio. The only difference we noticed is the back cover of the Rio Lite does not cover the top, buttom and sides like the Rio. The phone is well built and very very solid just like MyPhone’s other offerings. All buttons are located right side while the micro USB port and 3.5mm headset jack. We have the MyPhone logo and the speaker at the back.
We are a little bit disappointed the Rio Lite’s display. It has a 4.7-inch WVGA IPS LCD display which is fairly low on today’s standards. We wish the display could be on qHD or FVWGA resolution. We will give more details about the display on our full review. We did our initial Antutu Benchmark test and we got a score of – . We noticed lags on our first day with it. This is maybe due to the customized UI.
That’s all for now folks. We will be using this as our daily for a week and our full review will be posted pretty soon! 🙂
Wanna ask something? Tweet and follow @immarkmarcelo