Huawei has unveiled its latest phablet offering, the Huawei Ascend Mate 7. The Mate 7 is going to challenge the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Note Edge in the phablet category. But what’s so special about this phone is Huawei has been bragging its fingerprint sensor located behind the device. The company claims it is the most advanced fingerprint sensor because it is 80% faster than Samsung or Apple’s fingerprint sensor.
Huawei Ascend Mate 7 specs:
- Octa Core HiSilicon Kirin 925 processor (1.8GHz Quad Core Cortex A15 and 1.3GHz Quad Core Cortex A7)
- Mali T628 graphics
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory / 3GB RAM, 32GB internal memory
- expandable memory via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 6-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 368 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB OTG
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 4,100 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.4 Kitkat with Emotion UI
Here’s a hands on video from Pocketnow
The Huawei Ascend Mate 7 will be available in Q3 2013.