We were strolling around SM Megamall’s Cyberzone area when we spotted a demo unit of the Arc Mobile Velocity at their kiosk. The kind saleslady allowed us to borrow the demo unit so we got a chance to play around with it.
Arc Mobile Velocity specs:
- 1.7GHz Octa Core Mediatek MT6592 processor
- Mali 450 MP4 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (720 x 1280 pixels) 294 ppi
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P7,999
- Status: Available on Arc Mobile stores and kiosks
The first thing we noticed about the Arc Mobile Velocity is how lightweight it is. It is lighter than our current driver, the Starmobile Turbo (first impressions coming soon). We also love its edgy corners which is a similar design from Sony’s Xperia smartphones. The back cover does not attract fingerprints thanks to its matte finish.
With our short time with the device, operation was generally smooth. It may have only 1GB RAM as compared with other Octa Core devices with 2GB RAM, playing games like Angry Birds was fluid.
Display is also gorgeous! It has good viewing angles with good color accuracy. Unfortunately, we were not able to test the camera. According to the saleslady battery life usually last 8 hours on a single charge.
Overall, the Arc Mobile Velocity is the best bang-for-buck Octa Core smartphone you can buy. We had really good first impressions with it. Let’s just hope that we can secure a unit so that we can fully test its capabilities.