We have monitoring our most read articles everyday and it seems that our readers (that’s you guys) are interested on the Cherry Mobile Omega Icon. We reported the availability of the Omega Icon about a week ago and it had gained so much views ever since. So we decided to purchase one a few days ago! Let’s unbox it shall we?
Cherry Mobile Omega Icon specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 MSM8212 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 5-inch HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels) 294 ppi
- Asahi Dragontrail scratch resistant Glass
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera with autofocus and flash
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
- SRP: P6,499
- Status: Available on Cherry Mobile stores, kiosks and retailers
We do love the package. It shouts elegance and sophistication which is Cherry Mobile’s approach on their smartphones lately.
What’s inside the box?
- Unit itself
- headset (we love it!)
- OTG cable (the red one with the Cherry Mobile logo)
The phone is surprisingly good looking and elegant. We first noticed the faux leather trim at the back which was first used by Samsung for the Galaxy Note 3. Second is the chrome finished side frame which gives more sophistication on the device.
Another thing is the display. The 5-inch HD display is stunning and very sharp. Watching videos and games wll be a delightful experience. The quad core Qualcomm processor is snappy and very responsive on basic tasks like app navigation and switching between apps.
We had very good first impressions with the Cherry Mobile Omega Icon and we are excited to use it as our daily driver. We will have an in depth review on the Cherry Mobile Omega Icon that will be posted in a few days. Stay tuned! 🙂