Starmobile has finally lend us a review unit of the Starmobile Octa. The Starmobile Octa is the second Octa Core offering of the local brand. Let’s dive in and and unbox it!
Starmobile Octa specs:
- 1.7GHz Octa-core Mediatek MT6592 processor
- Mali 450MP4 quad core graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) with One Glass Solution
- Asahi Dragontrail scratch resistant glass
- 18 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, BSI and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with BSI and LED flash
- Dual Micro SIM, Dual Standby, Dual 3G
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,300 Li-Po battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P16,990
- Status: Available on Starmobile store, kiosks and retailers
So what’s inside the box? Included in the package is the 2-in-1 wireless charger and bluetooth speaker. Inside the box you’ll find a clear case, USB, Adapter, headset and sim card ejector. We tried the wireless charger and it worked fine. We further test it on how long will it charge versus regular or usual charging.
The phone is one beautiful piece of hardware. It is made in metal making it really premium to hold. I like how Starmobile payed attention to detail and style on this one. It may have some heft to it but it is very nice to hold with one hand. Many of our girl friends fell in love with the color when they saw it for the first time. It is eye catching indeed.
Since we have not done anything much yet, we will reserve most of our take on the full review. We will take this phone for a spin to test the usual – camera, performance, battery, gaming, and connectivity. Full review will be up in a few days!