Local brand Cloudfone has been releasing smartphones without the bang. Sometimes, we get surprised whenever we visit a Cloudfone store because there is always a new model displayed there. Take for example the Cloudfone Excite 470q.
Cloudfone Excite 470q specs:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6582 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.7-inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- VGA front facing camera
- HSPA+, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, WiFi hotspot
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (SIM 1 – Regular SIM, SIM 2 – Micro SIM)
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P4,999
- Status: Available on Cloudfone stores, kiosks and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- unit itself
Upon opening the box, we were greeted by a shiny black Cloudfone Excite 470q. Just like any other shiny smartphones, they attract grease, fingerprints and oil. The phone is surprisingly small. It feels like I’m holding a 4.5-inch smartphone or maybe we’re just used to holding big phones lately.
The power button is awkwardly placed on top while volume rockers are on the left side. What we don’t like is the power button is quite recessed making it hard to press. Navigating on the phone is generally smooth including switching in between apps. We will do more performance tests on our full review.
We had pretty good impressions with the phone except for that shiny, grease prone body and the recessed power button. We are now excited to take it for a spin for a few days. Just wait for our full review as we use this as our daily driver for this week.