Starmobile has finally lend us a review unit of the Starmobile Diamond X1. The device is the company’s first Octa Core offering before the Starmobile Octa. We only had the phone for a few days only and we would like to share our first day experience with it.
Starmobile Diamond X1 specs:
- 1.7GHz Octa-Core Mediatek MT6592 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 6-inch HD IPS LCD display
- Scratch resistant glass
- 18 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus, Back Side Illumination and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera with Back Side Illumination
- HSPA+, Dual Band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- GPS, A-GPS
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P13,999
- Status: Available on Starmobile stores, kiosks, and retailers
Kudos Starmobile for making such smartphones with great build quality. The X1 is made of aluminum thus making it a solid device through and through. Sadly, the phone is prone from scratches just like our unit here. Despite its huge size, the phone is slim and lightweight.
One of Starmobile’s greatest strengths is the display. The X1 has a 1080p Full HD display and colors do pop out here. It has good color reproduction too.
We do like what Starmobile has done with the X1’s UI. For us, its ok to tweak Android’s UI as long as OEMs and ODMs keep the UI simple and easy to use.
We all know that we cannot just base the overall performance of the Octa Core processor by just swiping around the menus and in between apps but as far as basic tasks are concerned, the Starmobile Diamond X1 handled it with ease.
We will do more in depth testing for our full review. Stay tuned!