Nokia Philippines was quick to launch the Nokia X, the company’s first smartphone running Google’s Android operating system. The Nokia X was first seen on the recently concluded Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Spain. The smartphone, although running Android doesn’t have access to Google services (like Google Play, Gmail, etc) but can run apps from Google Play.
Photo credit: Unbox.ph
Nokia X specs:
- 1GHz Dual Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4-inch IPS LCD display (800 x 480 pixels) 233 ppi
- 3 megapixel camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0
- Single SIM and Dual SIM variant
- 1,500 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.1 Jellybean with Nokia X Software Platform 1.0
- SRP: P5,990
We haven’t seen the smartphone with our own eyes just yet but based on the pictures and videos we’ve seen, we honestly don’t recommend this one. There are other better capable smartphones for the same price from the local brands. Don’t get us wrong, we love Nokia even before Google and Apple took over the mobile scene. For us, when it comes to Nokia, we always love Windows Phone running Lumia devices. Better get the Nokia Lumia 525 than the Nokia X.