For those who are not familiar with the brand, Archos is a French company that makes portable media players, tablets and smartphones. Archos was first well known for making portable media players like DVD players and music players. They ventured into making smartphones and tablets very recently.
The Archos 80 Helium 4G is the company’s first LTE powered smartphone. Based on the specs, it competes head on with the Google Nexus 7 (2013 Edition) and the Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display.
Archos 80 Helium 4G specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 8-inch IPS LCD display (1024 x 768 pixels)
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi, Bluetooth
- 3,500 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
The Archos 80 Helium 4G will make its debut on 2014 Mobile World Congress (MWC) in Barcelona, Spain. We will monitor the events there as it starts on March 24!