We were able to to secure a Starmobile Diamond S2, a 6-inch smartphone with a quad core processor, 12 megapixel camera and running Android 4.2 Jellybean. In this article,we decided to skip the unboxing and proceed with our first impressions. But before that, here is a quick rundown of specs:
Starmobile Diamond S2 specs:
- 1.3GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6582 processor
- Mali 400 MP graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 6-inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels) 184 ppi
- Asahi Dragontrail scratch resistant glass.
- 12 megapixel camera with autofocus, Back Side Illumination (BSI) and LED flash
- 3 megapixel front facing camera with BSI
- Quad Band GSM, Dual Band 3G
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 2.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,400 Li-Po battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: 9.990
- It is a BIG phone and this will appeal to many people who mainly use their phone for multimedia purposes.
- Despite its big size it is incredibly thin and still manageable to hold.
- It is a good looking phone and the flip with some sort of Samsung’s S-View feature cover adds some functionality and style to it.
- Expect a low resolution screen here. The 960 x 540 qHD display is stretched out on a 6-inch screen. But we were surprised how vivid and how vibrant the screen is. Its as if we are looking at a real HD screen.
- We also love its blue color but according to Starmobile, it is the only color available for the phone.
- Some may raise their eyebrows on the P9,990 pricetag because the closest competing smartphone that has almost the same specs is the Cherry Mobile Omega XL (same processor, same screen size and resolution) only has P7,999 pricetag. We will do a comparison between these two phones soon.
Full review will be coming up in a few days. So far we are impressed the phone’s outstanding build quality.