When broadcast giant ABS-CBN launched their own mobile service, ABS-CBN Mobile, it was not that clear how the service works. ABS-CBN’s online streaming service IWantv launched an app for Android and iOS users but many were confused on how to use it.
So here are some facts and tips on how to use ABS-CBN Mobile’s services:
- Need not to worry about coverage because ABS-CBN Mobile has nationwide coverage because they are using Globe’s 2G, 3G and HSPA+ networks.
- ABS-CBN Mobile does NOT have LTE service yet.
- ABS-CBN Mobile is NOT owned by Globe Telecom. ABS-CBN and Globe had a network sharing agreement which means ABS-CBN Mobile can use Globe’s network to offer and sell mobile services while Globe can use BayanTel’s 3G frequencies. ABS-CBN and Bayan Telecommunications are sister companies.
- Postpaid services will be offered soon.
- Prepaid SIM is only P30.
- So far, ABS-CBN Mobile only has one business center – G/F ELJCC Bldg, ABS-CBN Broadcast Center in Quezon City
- This is very important – you can load your ABS-CBN Mobile prepaid via Globe’s Autoload Max retailers.
- IWantv iOS and Android app will only work if you are using an ABS-CBN Mobile SIM and must be registered to mobile internet promos.
- IWantv iOS and Android app will work on either Wi-Fi or HSPA+ for as long as you are registered to any mobile internet promos.
- Calling and texting to Globe, Smart or Sun will be charged REGULAR RATES except if you are registered to any service promo,
ABS-CBN Mobile made a video for their users to understand how the service works.