Finally, one of the most rumored smartphone has become official. Meet the Sony Xperia Z1 Compact! It is the “mini” version of Sony’s current flagship the Xperia Z1. Unlike other mini versions, this one still has high end specs.
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact specs:
- 2.2 GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.3 inch HD TFT display (1280 x 720 pixels) 342 ppi
- Shatter proof and scratch resistant glass
- IP58 certified – dust proof and water resistant for up to 1 meter for 30 minutes
- 20.7 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, WiFi Direct
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, USB On-The-Go (OTG)
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2,300 mAh Li-Ion battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
As you can see, both the flagship Z1 and its mini version have the same specs including the processor. What separates the Z1 Compact from its bigger brother are the screen resolution and battery size.
The Sony Xperia Z1 Compact will be coming in four colors – pink, lime, black, white. It will priced €550 (P30,000) in Europe and will be coming mid-February.