If you think that announcements of new smartphones are over, think again. O+ USA is set to announce their next flagship this month. Meet the O+ Imagine!
O+ Imagine specs:
- 1.5GHz Quad Core Mediatek MT6589T processor
- PowerVR SGX 544MP graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, no external memory
- 5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels), 441 ppi
- Scratch resistant glass
- 13 megapixel rear camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
Photos courtesy of Tech Pinas
According to tech blog Tech Pinas, the SRP of the O+ Imagine is, ehem, P18,995 (toink!). I think this is too much! O+ is already pushing through 18k price point. At 18k, you can get the Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3, LG Optimus G, LG Optimus G Pro, Sony Xperia ZL, Sony Xperia ZR, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which all are LTE enabled phones. Why get this one if there are a lot of LTE phones with HD screens out there, right?
To entice buyers for this new flagship, O+ will be offering the O+ Imagine with an introductory price of P16,995 and a free Sennheiser earphones. Wow! But still, its too pricey. LTE phones please, O+!