If in case you are not aware, Arc Mobile is another promising local smartphone and tablet manufacturer. The company was launched only this year, I think, they have a sizable amount of phones in their portfolio but its quite few compared to Cherry Mobile’s army of new and current smartphones. The Arc Mobile Nitro 450qd is one of their first phones and its also one of their best sellers. Several blogs have already reviewed this phone when it is priced around P5,499. The phone right now costs P4,599. I haven’t reviewed anything from Arc Mobile yet so I decided to buy one and use as a daily driver throughout December.
What’s in the box?
- Unit itself
- 1,800 mAh battery
- USB charger
Anyway, here’s a rundown of specs.
Arc Mobile 450qd specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core MediaTek MT6589 processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 4.5 inch qHD IPS LCD display (960 x 540 pixels)
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with LED flash
- 0.3 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM – SIM 1: Regular Mini SIM, SIM 2: Micro SIM
- Quad Band HSPA+ WiFi, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, Blutooth 3.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- 1,800 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P4,599 (price as of this writing)
- Nice hardware! Its looks really well built and the white variant that I have doesn’t attract fingerprints
- Display is a little dimmed when set to auto brightness. I set it on 100% brightness and it is adequate but this may struggle when viewing it on direct sunlight.
- It is one of the most affordable smartphone with a quad core MediaTek MT6589 processor. Most smartphones with this specific chipset can be found on smartphones priced P7,000 and up. The MT6589 is one of MediaTek’s best chipset so far.
- Its also worth to point out that its dual SIM and quad band GSM and 3G! This is very seldom to phones with this price range. This means this is a perfect companion for travelling abroad especially when you travel to the US and Europe. Quad Band 3G means it can get more 3G signal which will result for a faster internet experience.
I will give more of my insights on a full hands on review in the coming days. So far I’m impressed. 🙂