I was roaming around Shangri-la Plaza Mall about two days ago to check out the new sights and scenes of the mall’s new east wing. New gadget shops are in the new area. I had a short time playing the Lenovo K900, the Chinese company’s current flagship. This is one of the few smartphones powered by Intel’s Atom processor for mobile phones.
Lenovo K900 specs:
- 2GHz Dual Core Intel Atom Z2580 processor
- PowerVR SGX544 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB internal memory
- 5.5-inch IPS HD LCD display (1080 x 1920 pixels) 401 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and dual LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- HSPA+, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 3.0, USB On-The-Go
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,500 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- SRP: P22,990
Here are my initial impressions:
- Good build quality – The phone has a metal casing with a brushed design making the phone look really elegant and more expensive than its pricetag.
- Great screen! It has a full HD IPS display and its really vibrant and sharp.
- Performance – It is quite laggy at times but its very minimal. Honestly I was a little disappointed because I was expecting zero lag from Intel’s Atom processor. I’m not saying its a bad thing. Maybe, I just had high hopes.
- Camera – The 13 megapixel camera takes good pictures. It will be perfect for Instagram and Facebook posts.
- Connectivity – My one big gripe – no LTE. The phone only sports HSPA+ which is faster than usual 3G/HSDPA but a little slower than LTE. Globe has heavily invested on HSPA+ networks as a result, it is faster than Smart’s HSPA+. If you are looking for an LTE enabled phone, look somewhere else.
- Value for money – For P22,990, its quite disappointing that this beautiful phone lacks LTE. You can get LTE enabled phones even cheaper than this one – Sony Xperia V (P12,400), Sony Xperia SP (P12,780), Sony Xperia ZR (P16,900), and Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 (P16,900). Adding a few bucks, you can get other top of the line smartphones with LTE – Samsung Galaxy S4 (P23,100), LG G2 (P22,180) and Apple iPhone 5c (P23,400). Prices are from online store Kimstore.