As a follow up to the Moto X, Google’s mobile phone division, Motorola, has unveiled the Moto G. I was watching the Motorola event for the Moto G in Brazil online. The device is meant for entry level market but packing with mid range specs.
Motorola Moto G specs:
- 1.2GHz Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8/16GB internal storage
- 4.5-inch HD display (720 x 1280 pixels) 326 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
- 3G/HSDPA, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 2070 mAh battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean upgradable up to Android 4.4 KitKat
Here is a video of the Motorola Moto G:
The price? The 8GB version costs $179 (around P8,000) and $199 for the 16GB version (around P9,000). According to Motorola it will be coming to more than 30 countries but it was unclear whether the Philippines is included. Motorola kinda left the country years ago because of poor sales but last year, they returned quietly. There is a Motorola kiosk in SM MegaMall but its selling phones released two years ago. I’m really hoping that Motorola could bring the Moto X and Moto G here.