LG and Samsung have been showing off their flexible displays this year. But Samsung was the first to launch that technology into a smartphone. Guys, meet the Samsung Galaxy Round! This is the first smartphone with a curved display. When it comes to internals, it is similar those found in the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Let’s check the specs.
Samsung Galaxy Round specs:
- 2.3 GHz quad core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 5.7 inch Super Flexible AMOLED Full HD display (1080 x 1920 pixels) 386 ppi
- 13 megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE-A, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, Bluetooth 4.0, Infrared port, NFC
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 2,800 mAh battery
- Android 4.3 Jellybean
There is, however, a catch. Samsung is a Korean tech giant, right? Well, being a Korean right now has its benefits. The Samsung Galaxy Round will only be sold in Samsung’s homeland, South Korea. I bet there are sad faces while reading this article. Apparently, Samsung thinks that this new technology won’t appeal yet to us right now. But if ever this phone would a hit in Korea, then Samsung will consider selling this to the rest of the world.