Nokia has been pretty aggressive this year despite that they longer sell so many phones as they used to be 5 years ago. Thankfully, Nokia’s Window Phone-powered Lumia line has been steadily growing. In fact, market share in some regions like in the Middle East and Asia, the Lumia line is getting some significant numbers and has even overtaken Apple’s iPhone. The reason is the Lumia’s affordable smartphones like the Nokia Lumia, 520, 620 and 720.
Now, the company has just added a new affordable smartphone to their line – Nokia Lumia 625. This is currently the Lumia with the biggest display of 4.7 inches. Despite its large screen, it doesn’t have killer specs.
Nokia Lumia 625 specs:
- 1.2GHz Dual core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
- Adreno 305 graphics
- 512 RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 4.7 inch IPS LCD display (480 x 800 resolution) 199 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 2
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- VGA front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi, WiFi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS support
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Windows Phone 8
- SRP: P14,590
- Big Screen – A bigger screen always has its advantages – better for watching videos and games, easy to read texts and emails, better social networking and browsing experience.
- LTE – Who says LTE capability only comes only on flagship devices? Yes this phone is LTE capable! I think this feature made the phone fall into the P14,000 mark.
- Windows Phone 8 – I have been vocal about my biases on Windows Phone and Windows 8. I think its a great OS and far better than Android. Windows Phone devices are very sleek, smooth, and lag free even if your phone has limited RAM or has a slower processor. No on Instagram on WP8? No problem. Download a 3rd party client like “6TAG” which post pics on your Instagram account.
- Colors – If there’s anything that Apple copied from Nokia, that its colorful polycarbonate shell which has been Nokia’s trademark for years. Remember the Nokia 3310, 3210, and 5110?
- Camera – We all know that Nokia makes killer cameras that takes breathtaking and lively photos. This phone is no exception.
- 512 RAM only – As I told you before WP8 will run smoothly even if it has limited RAM. Problem is it may not run graphic intense apps and games smoothly. If you use your phone mainly for pictures, social networks and browsing, this will be a perfect choice.
- Pricey – With mediocre specs (especially that 512 RAM), the SRP is P14,590. But you can’t ignore the phone’s LTE capability.
- Low resolution screen – Its surprising to know that the screen only sports 480 x 800 resolution. That’s the reason why the screen tends to be washed out.