The most affordable BlackBerry 10 device is here! Meet the BlackBerry Q5! This is the second BB10 device sporting a physical QWERTY keyboard. The device is targeting the younger market with its design and price. Let’s see the specs first.
BlackBerry Q10 specs:
- 1.2 GHz Dual Core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB ROM, expandable via MicroSD up to 32GB
- 3.1 inch IPS LCD display (720 x 720 pixels) 328ppi
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS support
- 2,180 mAh battery, non-removable
- BlackBerry 10, upgradable to BlackBerry 10.1
- SRP: P18,690
- Still the best physicial QWERTY keyboard – Many still prefer a physical keyboard. My mom has an Android smartphone and since it a touchscreen she types slower than usual. She is still using her old BlackBerry Torch 9800 and she types faster there.
- Stunning display – a 720p resolution for a 3.1 inch screen will result into a vibrant and sharp display
- Messaging integration – what I like most in BB10 devices is the BlackBerry Hub because it integrates SMS, email, and bbm into one. No need to switch in between apps.
- LTE capable – YES! This baby is LTE capable! Web browsing and social networking will be very fast.
- Above average camera – The camera was never BlackBerry’s strong point. But in BB10, camera performance is a big improvement… but not great.
- Above average battery life – According to BlackBerry, the battery would last more than 12 hours of normal use with LTE or 3G on.
- Lack of apps – We all know that. If you love downloading apps like productivity tools, camera apps, games, social networks, this is not the phone for you.
- Small screen – Gaming experience is better with a large screen. You better go with Android with a quad core processor and a big screen of you are a gamer.