The Sony Xperia Z Ultra is the biggest smartphone or phablet to date. Its 6.4-inch screen is just MASSIVE but beautiful because of its full HD display. Holding the phone makes you convince it is no longer a phone but a tablet already. The question is would you use this as your daily driver? Let’s go on with the specs.
Sony Xperia Z Ultra specs:
- 2.2 Quad Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor
- Adreno 330 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 64GB
- 6.4 inch Full HD Triluminos Display (1080 x 1920 pixels) 344 ppi
- Shatter proof and scratch resistant glass
- IP58 certified water proof and dust proof
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi hotspot, DLNA, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- 3,050 mAh battery
- Android 4.2 Jellybean
- Display – Stunning! Its Full HD display on a 6.4 inch screen. Amazing!
- LTE – the unit on the picture doesn’t have LTE but an LTE variant will be available in September 2013.
- Waterproof and dust proof
- MONSTER! – This is the first smartphone or tablet running a 2.2GHz Quad Core processor. This clock speed is usually found on Windows-running laptops.
- Scratch resistant glass
- Its just too big – It doesn’t fit your pocket or if you’re a girl it may not fit on your purse.
Verdict: This is perfect for those who doesn’t want to bring a tablet and a phone. But if 6.4 inches is simply too big for you I suggest that you get the Sony Xperia Z or the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. Still water proof and great display on a 5-inch screen.