BlackBerry launched an affordable smartphone for emerging markets – BlackBerry Q5. The Q5 sports a physical QWERTY keyboard just like its more expensive sibling the Q10. It has a 3.1-inch touchscreen, dual core processor and expandable storage. BlackBerry didn’t reveal what chipset are they using although according to Engadget, a BlackBerry employee confirmed its a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.
BlackBerry Q5 Specs:
– 3.1-inch TFT display, 720 x 720 resolution, 328 ppi
– 1.2 GHz dual core processor
– 5 megapixel rear facing camera
– 1.3 megapixel front facing camera
– 8GB internal storage, expandable storage via Micro SD
– 2,100 mAh battery
– BlackBerry 10 OS
The Q5 will be available in Europe, Middle East, Asia Pacific (including the Philippines), Africa and Latin America beginning July.
Aside from that, BlackBerry has loads of announcement during BlackBerry Live in Orlando, USA.
– BlackBerry announced its first OS update – BlackBerry 10.1 OS. It will be initially available to BBZ10 owners in the US. The brings minor updates like HDR camera mode, improved notifications, contact suggestions and ability to paste numbers on the dialer.
– Skype is now available on BlackBerry 10. Bad news is that it can be downloaded only if you have upgraded to BlackBerry 10.1
– Music app Moog, which is exclusive to iOS, is now available on BlackBerry 10 starting today! You can download it right now if you own a BlackBerry 10 device.
– BBM will soon be available on iOS and Android. Yes! You read it right! The app will be available for download starting June or July although, initially, only messaging and group will be available. BBM Voice and screen will be available later on.
BlackBerry fanboys will surely be jumping for joy with all the announcements made.