HMD Global, the home of Nokia phones, has announced that Android 9 is available for the Nokia 6.1 Plus via Nokia phones beta labs starting today. This follows the Nokia 7 Plus, which was the first smartphone running on Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 to globally roll out the Android 9 Pie late September.
Nokia phones beta labs is designed to give early adopters a chance to shape experiences on new platforms and offer direct feedback. HMD Global has more than 86,000 fans who have signed up to test and refine the latest software updates ahead of official release.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus has enjoyed unprecedented success around the world since its launch at the end of August. In India alone, it sold out at record speed every time it went on sale. With its impressive all-screen design and full HD+ and 19:9 screen ratio, the Nokia 6.1 Plus gives users a bigger screen experience in a slim and compact package.
Now, with early access to Android 9 on the Nokia 6.1 Plus in beta labs, fans can try out a whole new set of features, including App Actions, an exclusive feature to Android One devices and Google Pixel phones.
The Nokia 6.1 Plus is encased in glass on the front and back. Besides its elegant look, the Nokia 6.1 Plus boasts the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform under the hood.
Key features of Android 9
- App Actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information on your favorite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive Battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power on important apps
- Adaptive Brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System Navigation– Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user-enabled)
Digital Wellbeing features available beginning September 2018
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage, including how many times device has been unlocked and number of notifications received
- App Timers – Sets time limits on app usage
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
Filipino Nokia fans can avail of the exclusive pre-order promo for the Nokia 6.1 Plus. From October 12 to 26, every reservation made at authorized Nokia resellers or any Nokia mobile branded store, kiosk, or exhibit nationwide entitles consumers to receive Php 1,000 worth of Philippine Airlines (PAL) travel vouchers which can be used for domestic flights.
Join the Nokia 6.1 Plus beta labs rollout. Visit Nokia phones beta labs and register yourself for the update.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: