Computex 2018 in Taipei, Taiwan has begun and as usual, proud Taiwanese tech company ASUS has showcased its new products including a new gaming phone.
ASUS, under the gaming brand Republic of Gamers (ROG) has announced the first ASUS ROG Phone. This is the company’s first gaming centric phone aimed to compete with Xiaomi’s Black Shark and the Razer phone.
The ROG Phone is fully optimized for gaming such as cooling vents at the back and an optional cooling fan accessory if you are really a hard core gamer. There is also an “X Mode” that closes all background tasks and the phone will just focus on gaming.
Although powered by a Snapdragon 845, the clock speed is higher at 2.96GHz compared ti the normal ones on other flagships. It is also the phone with the biggest memory – 512GB matching the ones in a normal PC. Since it is a gaming phone, it also has a large battery – 4.000 mAh.
ASUS ROG Phone specs:
- 6-inch Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display (1080 x 2180 pixels) 18:9 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- Android 8.1 Oreo with ROG Gaming X UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 2.96GHz Octa-core processor
- Adreno 630 graphics
- 128/512GB internal storage
- 8GB RAM
- 12MP f/1.8 + 8 MP rear facing cameras with OIS, dual pixel PDAF and LED flash
- 8MP f/2.0 front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- Fingerprint Scanner
- WiFi a/b/g/n/ac/ad
- Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 3 Ultrasonic pressure sensitive zones
- USB 3.1, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
- Fast battery charging 10V/3A 30W (Quick Charge 4+)
- 4,000 mAh battery
The ASUS ROG Phone will surely going to be damn expensive especially with all the accessories that comes with it. No word about the price nor availability.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites:
- Facebook: fb.com/filipinotechaddict
- Instagram: instagram.com/filipinotechaddict
- Twitter: twitter.com/filipinotechie