Computex 2018 in Taipei, Taiwan has begun and as usual, proud Taiwanese tech company ASUS has showcased its new products including a new gaming phone.
ASUS, under the gaming brand Republic of Gamers (ROG) has announced the first ASUS ROG Phone. This is the company’s first gaming centric phone aimed to compete with Xiaomi’s Black Shark and the Razer phone.
The ROG Phone is fully optimized for gaming such as cooling vents at the back and an optional cooling fan accessory if you are really a hard core gamer. There is also an “X Mode” that closes all background tasks and the phone will just focus on gaming.
Although powered by a Snapdragon 845, the clock speed is higher at 2.96GHz compared ti the normal ones on other flagships. It is also the phone with the biggest memory – 512GB matching the ones in a normal PC. Since it is a gaming phone, it also has a large battery – 4.000 mAh.
ASUS ROG Phone specs:
- 2.96GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor
- Adreno 630 graphics
- 8GB RAM
- 128/512GB internal storage
- 6-inch Full HD+ 90Hz AMOLED display (1080 x 2180 pixels) 18:9 aspect ratio
- 3 Ultrasonic pressure sensitive zones
- Corning Gorilla Glass
- 12 MP + 8 MP rear facing cameras with PDAF and LED flash
- 8 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 6.000 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0 and Wireless Charging Support
- Android 8.0 Oreo with ROG Gaming UI
The ASUS ROG Phone will surely going to be damn expensive especially with all the accessories that comes with it. No word about the price nor availability.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites:
- Facebook: fb.com/filipinotechaddict
- Instagram: instagram.com/filipinotechaddict
- Twitter: twitter.com/filipinotechie