Nokia is indeed back! Not just that, smartphone loving Pinoys are now taking a look at Nokia’s new offerings this year. One of the hottest Nokia phones today, the Nokia 7 Plus is doing very well in terms of sales.
Could be the Nokia 7 Plus be your next phone? Let’s find out on this quick review.
Nokia 7 Plus specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor
- Adreno 512 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 6-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (2160 x 1080 pixels) 18:9 aspect ratio
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 12 MP (f/1.8, 25mm, 1.4µm) + 13 MP (f/2.6, 1.0µm), gyro EIS, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, Zeiss optics, dual-LED dual-tone flash
- 16 MP (f/2.0, 1.0µm), Zeiss optics
- Hybrid SIM card slot
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- 3,800 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android 8.1 Oreo upgradable to Android P
- Price: Php 21,990
- Status: Available at Nokia stores and retailers
Despite being handled by HMD Global, Nokia is still managed to build a great smartphone and the Nokia 7 Plus has no exception to this. The phone is a sexy smartphone due to its thin profile. The body has an aluminum body (6000 series) feels great in hand. It has a 6.0-inch with 18:9 aspect ratio and has a thin bezel from sides and the slight problem is it struggles under the sun.
Nokia 7 Plus has a powerful premium mid-range processor, Snapdragon 660 paired with Adreno 512 GPU combination of 64GB of internal storage and 4GB of RAM. It manage the speed and no lags at all. Day to day use is smooth thanks to its vanilla Android 8.1 Oreo, no bloatware and no skin. Since it is under Google’s Android One program, the Nokia 7 Plus will get 3 years of security patches and 2 years of major Android updates. This means it will get both Android P later this year and Android Q next year!
The Nokia 7 Plus has the Zeiss optics lens for the dual rear cameras and front facing camera. The 12 MP (f/1.8, 25mm, 1.4µm) + 13 MP (f/2.6, 1.0µm) rear cameras takes pretty decent photos. The quality may not compete against the likes of the flagship but it is pretty close and you will only notice the difference if you have a sharp eye.
Check out some of the sample shots:
The front camera has a 16 MP (f/2.0, 1.0µm) the biggest front facing camera of Nokia today. Here’s the sample shots.
Nokia 7 Plus is the one of the good looking smartphone in the mid-range segment (looks like the Google Pixel), it has also a good processor, and good camera. It looks like a good start from Nokia this year of 2018. With this, we give our #FTARecommended award for its excellent software and guaranteed updates
Thanks Jezrel Bersamin for lending his Nokia 7 Plus unit for a few hours and Lysander Dominique for the sample photos.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites:
- Facebook: fb.com/filipinotechaddict
- Instagram: instagram.com/filipinotechaddict
- Twitter: twitter.com/filipinotechie