Xiaomi Redmi S2 announced last MiFan Meet up in Trinoma by SEA Regional Director John Chen a few weeks ago. During the event. I managed to get a quick hands on of the Xiaomi Redmi S2. Let’s have a quick review about the newest smartphone of Xiaomi, the Redmi S2.
Xiaomi Redmi S2 specs:
- 5.99-inch HD+ IPS LCD display, 1440 x 720, 18:9 aspect ratio with 269PPI
- 2.0GHz Snapdragon 625 octa core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 32GB with dedicated memory card slot
- 3GB RAM
- Dual 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor (1.25μm, f/2.2, PDAF) + 5MP Samsung S5K5E8 sensor (gyro, EIS, PDAF) with LED Flash Rear Camera
- 16MP Samsung S5K3P8 sensor (2.0µm, f/2.0) LED Selfie-light, 4500K temperature Pixel binning, 4 pixels combine into 1 large pixel Beautify 4.0 Front Camera
- Android Oreo 8.1 with MIUI 9.5
- Micro USB, USB 2.0
- Dual Nano-SIM card slot, 4G/LTE
- Rear fingerprint sensor Support GPS GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, APGS
- 3, 080 mAh battery
- Colors: Rose Gold, Champagne Gold, Platinum Silver
- Price: Php 7, 990
Xiaomi has been praised for its jaw dropping prices of the their products. But despite that you will feel some quality on its hardware. In the case of the Xiaomi Redmi S2, the device has plastic construction which is not bad. I actually love the plastic build as I feel it is sturdy and more durable than glass. Since it is plastic, it is definitely lightweight.
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 has a Snapdragon 625 chipset It is by far one of the mist affordable smartphone with this chipset on it. Yes, the Snapdragon 625 is old but it can still handle gaming like PUBG and NBA 2k18 and tasks very well. Check out the benchmark.
The Xiaomi is now more improving in terms of camera. The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is compose of dual 12MP Sony IMX486 sensor (1.25μm, f/2.2, PDAF) + 5MP Samsung S5K5E8 sensor (gyro, EIS, PDAF) with LED Flash Rear Camera and 16MP Samsung S5K3P8 sensor (2.0µm, f/2.0) LED Selfie-light, 4500K temperature Pixel binning, 4 pixels combine into 1 large pixel Beautify 4.0 Front Camera. so far, photos look good in favorable lighting conditions.
Here are some of the sample shots:
The Xiaomi Redmi S2 is a perfect choice for those who are looking for a smartphone with good camera, decent performance and affordable price tag. I give my two thumbs up!
I would like to thank Richmond Tan for lending his Xiaomi Redmi S2 for this review.
Stay tuned! For more info and latest tech news, kindly follow us on our social media sites: