Huawei has quietly announced the Huawei Y3 2018. It is an entry level smartphone and an addition to Google’s Android Go project.
Android Go is a platform, like Android One, but tailored for entry level smartphones. This reduces RAM consumption and data usage. Apps like FB Messenger Lite and Facebook Lite are the recommended apps to use instead of their regular versions.
Since Android Go is dedicated for entry level use, the Huawei Y3 2018 has entry levels specs.
Huawei Y3 2018 specs:
- 1.1GHz quad core Mediatek MT6737M processor
- Mali T720MP2 graphics
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory expandable via microSD
- 5-inch FWVGA UPS LCD display (854 x 480 pixels)
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, autofocus and LED flash
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth
- GPS, A-GPS
- 2,280 mAh battery
- Android 8.0 Oreo
The Huawei Y3 2018 was unveiled in an African country of Zambia. No word from Huawei Zambia about the price. We have yet to confirm its arrival in the Philippines too.