This morning, Asus Global has finally lauched their new Asus Zenfone 5 line-ups which includes the Zenfone 5 Lite, Zenfone 5, and the Zenfone 5z.
The Asus Zenfone 5 is a 6.2″ smartphone featuring the Snapdragon 636 Mobile Platform with AI capabilities for enhanced photography and communication experiences.
Asus Zenfone 5 Specs:
- 6.2-inch 19:9 FHD+ IPS display, 2246 x 1080 resolution
- 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636, 14nm CPU
- 1.8GHz Octa-core with A.I.
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 64GB internal storage
- 6GB RAM
- 12MP Sony IMX363 f/1.8, 1.4um, with OIS/EIS, PDAF, and Night HDR main camera
8MP 120-degrees wide-angle secondary camera
- 8MP f/2.0 front camera
- Abdroid 8.0 Oreo with ZenUI 5.0
- Wifi b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- Fingerprint Scanner, Face Recognition
- Hybrid dual-SIM or SIM and microSD card slot
- 3,300mAh battery
The new Zenfone 5 is equipped with a revolutionary 6.2-inch screen and a nearly bezel-less display with their own “notch”. It is also equipped with a dedicated A.I. chipset which works inside the camera, display, ringtone, and charging.
Ports and Buttons
- Right – volume rockers and power button
- Top – microphone
- Left – hybrid SIM card and microSD card
- Bottom – 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, microphone, and speaker Grill
The Asus Zenfone 5 is equip with the latest Android 8.0 Oreo and is guaranteed to support Android 9.0 P as well. On top of its OS is the ZenUI 5 which more refined and will give you a better phone browsing experience.
Normal vs Wide-angle
Indoor shots (rear camera)
The Zenfone 5 will be launch this April 2018 while as for the price, the only price that they have mentioned on the launch is the price for the Zenfone 5z base model which is EUR 479 or around Php30,500. So by making this as our basis, we expect that the Zenfone 5 will be priced below this price point.