This proves that Google’s Android One project is not dead. Xiaomi has released the Xiaomi Mi A1 (A1 stands for Android One). Basically, it has the hardware of the Xiaomi Mi 5x announced earlier.
It has the same chipset, RAM and ROM plus it is rocking the same dual cameras. The only major difference is it is running Android 7.1.2 Nougat with no bloatware and no MIUI on top. This means it will be the first to get Android 8.0 Oreo update since it is an Android One device.
Xiaomi Mi A1 specs:
- 2.0GHz octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- Adreno 506 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels) 401 ppi
- Dual 12 megapixel rear facing cameras (f/2.2 and f/2.6 aperture) with 2x zoom, autofocus and dual LED flash
- 16 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,080 mAh battery
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo
The Xiaomi Mi A1 has a price tag of 14,999 Indian Rupees. Unfortunately, it won’t make its way to the Philippines since Xiaomi has no presence here. But if you really want this device, online store Widget City might bring it here.