HTC made an exit nearly three years ago due to poor sales. It is a sad part of our smartphone market history since HTC really is one of the founding brands on Android. Yes folks, HTC was the first to embrance Android before Samsung and the others.
What we love also about HTC is their ability to send timely Android updates as Android purists like us, we wanted to our phone updated to the latest software as possible.
So, we are one of those excited when the news about HTC’s return to the Philippines came out. And now it is official – HTC returns to the Philippines. Their first smartphone offering – the 2017 flagship HTC U11.
HTC U11 specs:
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Adreno 540 graphics
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 5.5-inch Quad HD Super LCD5 display (1440 x 2560 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 12 megapixel rear facing camera with f/1.7 aperture, OIS, autofocus and LED flash
- 16 megapixel front facing camera with f/1.7 aperture
- Hi-Fi DAC
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android 7.1 Nougat with HTC Sense
The HTC U11 is now available via Lazada for P36,990 for the 6GB RAM/128GB variant.