Doogee Mix is a new smartphone entering the Philippine market. Its nearly bezel-less form is one of its main attraction plus the packaging of one of its free accessory makes it very intriguing. To know more about this new product, join us in our unboxing and read our first impressions about this phone.
What’s in the box?
- Doogee Mix unit
- Free hard case and screen protector
- The very intriguing Ring Holder
- Wall adapter
- Charging/Data cable
- Sim tray injector
- Guide manuals
Doogee Mix Specs:
- 5.5 inch, 1280×720 pixels HD AMOLED screen
- Helio P25 4x Cortex-A53 2.5GHz and 4x Cortex-A53 1.6GHz CPU
- Mali-T880 MP2 GPU
- 64GB ROM expansion up to 256GB and 4GB/6GB RAM
- Android 7.0
- Dual rear camera: 8MP + 16MP with PDAF
- 5MP front camera w/ 86 degree wide angle
- Dual SIM dual standby (micro SIM + nano SIM)
- Geomagnetic sensor, light sensor, proximity, gravity sensor and fingerprint scanner
- GPS, Glonass
- Non-removable 3,380 mAh Li-Ion battery
- P9,995 (4GB/64GB)
- P10,995 (6GB/64GB)
At first look, the Doogee Mix is quite similar to the Xiami Mi Mix. Packed with a very nice screen-to-body ratio and a nearly bezel-less form. Leaving on top of the display is the very thin space for the earpiece and below on the bottom-right corner is where they displace the front-facing camera.
Ports and Buttons:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack
- Bottom – Speaker grill, charging port and microphone
- Left – Volume Rockers, Power button
- Right – SIM tray
The device is running in DoogeeOS v2.0.0 on top of Android 7.0 Nougat while its UI is very simple which is just similar to the stock Android icon design.
Doogee Mix is packed with a 5MP front shooting camera which produce very warm looking photos. On its back, are the twin 16MP and 8MP cameras. They are capable of adding blur effect on your shots but the output is not that good compared to other high-end dual camera phones. Thanks to its 16MP sensor, it can give you favorable and decent landscape shots.
The Doogee Mix might be one of the most affordable nearly bezel-less smartphone available in the market now-a-days. It has a good design and screen-to-body ratio, high memory and storage, and runs on Android Nougat. But due to its very low price, some trade-offs are the low resolution display and the cameras.