Good news fellow techies! OnePlus 5 is coming to the Philippines and just like the OnePlus 3T, retail store Digital Walker will be selling the flagship killer here.
OnePlus is a Chinese smartphone maker founded in 2013 by a former OPPO executive Pete Lau. They aim to offer a flagship killer, a smartphone with all the bells and whistles of a true flagship without the premium price. The company targeted the US and European markets which are areas where Apple and Samsung have strong presence. Their popularity rose over the years and last year, OnePlus has made its way to the Philippines with the OnePlus 3T.
The OnePlus 5 is the company’s 2015 flagship with major improvements to its camera. it now has a dual rear camera set up and a top notch chipset – a Snapdragon 835. This is definitely a beast on a budget.
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Adreno 540 graphics
- 6GB RAM/64GB internal storage
- 8GB RAM/128GB internal storage
- 5.5-inch Full HD Optic AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dual 16 megapixel (f/1.7 aperture) and 20 megapixel (f/1.6 aperture) with 2x optical zoom and dual LED flash
- 16 megapixel front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dirac HD sound
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB Type C, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- 3,300 mAh battery with Dash Charge
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with OxygenOS
According to the report we got, the OnePlus 5 will be available next week in Digital Walker branches for P25,990 for 6GB RAM variant while the 8GB RAM variant is priced at P29,990. We can’t wait to get a review!