LG is currently having their 70th anniversary sale and they are currently on sale of their latest smartphones. One of which is the LG Stylus 3. Announced back in December 2016, the said device has been recently launched in the Philippines. Let’s dig in and unbox this!
LG Stylus 3 specs:
- 1.5GHz octa core Mediatek MT6750 processor
- Mali T860MP2 graphics
- 16GB internal memory expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5.7-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1280 x 720 pixels)
- 13 megapixel rear facing camera with autofocus and LED flash (f/2.2 aperture)
- 5 megapixel front facing camera
- Dual Standby, Dual SIM
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS GLONASS
- 3,200 mAh battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Price: P12,990 now only P11,990 (sale price from July 1 to 31)
What’s inside the box?
- LG Stylus 3 unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
The LG Stylus 3 reminds us of the LG G2 and LG G3 flagships of the past. Holding the Stylus 3 feels like holding a metal phone but it is actually plastic. Since its plastic, it paves the way for a removable back which reveals the battery and the dual SIM cards plus the microSD card.
Ports and buttons:
- Top – noise cancelling microphone
- Bottom – 3.5mm headset jack, USB cable, microphone
- Left – volume rockers
- Right – none
- Back – power button/fingerprint scanner, 13 megapixel camera, speaker
- Front – 5.7-inch display, sensors and 5 megapixel camera
LG has managed to put a big display on a small and lightweight body. Yes. thanks to its plastic back the phone only weighs 149 grams.
On the software side, the LG Stylus 3 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat with LG’s own UI. Upon first boot up, you’ll notice there is no app drawer. But when you go to Settings > Home Screen > Select Home, you can download Home & App Drawer. You will get the good old app drawer making it more Android.
As of this writing, we only had the phone for 24 hours and we have not installed any of our much needed apps. So far it very smooth and lag free. The chipset is the same one being used on the OPPO F1s and OPPO F3 so expect decent performance from this phone.
We will be taking the LG Stylus 3 for spin to see if this phone is worth buying. Full review in two weeks!