ASUS has finally released Android 7.1.1 Nougat for the ZenFone 3 Zoom (ZE553KL) which will be released via OTA (over-the-air). Owners, take note of this.
- Update version: V188.8.131.52
- Release Date: June 27, 2017
- Added support for Portrait mode.
- Added support for RAW image preview in Gallery.
- Improved picture taking experience.
- Performance improvements and bug fixes.
- Remove “Share Link” as it does not work properly on Android N.
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu.
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customized settings > Recent apps key.
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively.
- Remove Shake Shake from ZenMotion.
- Please note that some live wallpapers (Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, Phase Beam) are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system upgrade.
- For user who upgrade from Android M to Android N and do Factory reset, the home workspace will be updated to the new layout.
And here are some sample photos from the new Portrait Mode >>>
Photo Credits to @Nikko James of ASUS
Related article – ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom Review After Three Months
Related article – ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom Review
We have a hands on with the Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom before the update and people keep on asking for more camera features like the Portrait Mode which is present with other dual camera phones. So here it is! And the sample photos are quite impressive!
If you want to know more about the said update, you can join the Asus PH Community Forum >>> click here.
So Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom users, its time to click that Update button on your Settings!
What do you think of this update? Do you want more camera features? Let us know on the comment section below.