ASUS Philippines has formally announced the arrival of the ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom to the local market. The device is the first take of the company in to the dual camera world and facing competition with Huawei and Apple. Mark you calendars – the ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom will arrive on April 6, 2017.
The star of the show here is the dual 12 megapixel rear facing cameras – one is the Super Pixel main sensor while the other is a Zoom camera with 2.3x optical zoom. Other specs include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor with 4GB RAM, 5.5-inch AMOLED display, LTE connectivity and running Android 6.0 Marshmallow. ASUS said Android 7.0 Nougat is coming to the device before the launch.
Related article – ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom Unboxing and First Impressions
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom
- 2.0GHz Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 processor
- Adreno 506 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 256GB
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Dual 12 megapixel (f/1.7 and f/2.8 aperture) rear facing Sony IMX362 camera with OIS, PDAF, 2.3x Optical Zoom, dual LED flash
- 13 megapixel front facing camera f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner, USB Type C
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 5,000 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0 upgradable to Android 7.0 Nougat
ASUS Philippines remains mum with the price but the good news is the Zenfone 3 Zoom will come with freebies – a free JBL Clip 2 portable Bluetooth speaker, a Zenfone clear case and ASUS ZenEar high definition earphones.