Ride hailing platform Grab has recently launched a new service called GrabShare. It is the company’s first on-demand commercial carpooling service aimed to reduce number of cars on the road. Passengers share their ride resulting to cheaper fares plus drivers earn more by completing two bookings in one trip.
“Carpooling is instrumental to achieving our most important goals: to make transportation accessible for our passengers and to improve the lives of our drivers. With GrabShare, Grab makes everyday commute of Filipinos even more cost efficient and hassle free. Grab passengers won’t have to waste their time because GrabShare keeps detours to a minimum, while drivers are given the opportunity to earn more by completing two bookings in one trip”, said Brian Cu, Grab Philippines Country Head.
Benefits of GrabShare to Passengers:
- Cheaper Fares – GrabShare fares are up to 30 percent cheaper than GrabCar fares. Fares are fixed and displayed upfront.
- Ride with a friend (per booking) – GrabShare users can share their trip with up to one other person as long as they have the same pick up and drop off point. Fares are fixed so there’s no need for an additional fee to share the ride with a friend.
- Maximum two-stop guarantee – Passengers can expect more then one additional drop off during their ride. This ensures everyone reaches their locations fast for less. Drivers will wait up to five minutes for each passenger during pick ups.
- Instant booking – Passengers can book a GrabShare ride on-demand from anywhere at any time and enjoy socializing with fellow commuters on the ride.
- Ride with peace of mind – Safety is Grab’s utmost priority. All Grab rides are insured while drivers have gone through regular customer service trainings and a thorough application process.
GrabShare is now available when you book a ride. If you don’t have the app yet, it is downloadable via Google Play Store for Android devices and Apple App Store for iOS devices.