Have you seen a BIG phablet? No, not Samsung Galaxy Note 7 big. No, not Huawei Mate 8 big. Phablets are the love children of smartphones and tablets. Well you’ve seen the Infinix Note 3 Pro and it is a big phone. But have you seen something bigger than that? Meet the Lenovo Phab 2 Plus. It is a smartphone (technically) with a big 6.4-inch screen. It is one of a trio of super sized phablets from Lenovo. This is the midrange among the three priced at P14,999. We have one here so let’s take a dive. 🙂
Lenovo Phab 2 Plus:
- Octa Core Mediatek MT8783 chipset
- Mali T720 graphics
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage expandble via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 6.4-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Dual 13 megapixel rear facing camera f/2.0 aperture with laser autofocus, PDAF and dual LED flash
- 5 megapixel rear facing camera f/2.2 aperture with LED flash
- Dolby ATMOS with Dolby Audio Capture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS
- 4,050 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
What’s inside the box?
- Lenovo Phab 2 Plus unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
- SIM card ejector
We’ve seen really big phones but this is sooo big that our big hands can’t wrap around it. Dimensions are 173.9 x 88.3 x 8.6 mm so it is really a big phone. It is a bit hefty too at 218 grams. For us the size is fine though it will be bit of a problem you are used to holding your phone with one hand. The phone shouts premium as it is encased in metal unibody design. The top and bottom portions at the back are actually plastic to give room for signal reception because metal blocks radio frequencies.
But the star of the show is the display. It is on Full HD and it looks so good on a big 6.4-inch display. We tried watching You Tube videos and indeed, it was such a joy.
Ports and buttons check:
- Top – 3.5mm headset jack and noise cancelling microphones
- Bottom – speaker grill, USB cable, microphone
- Left – SIM card/microSD tray
- Right – power button and volume rockers
- Back – two 13 megapixel cameras with LED flash and fingerprint scanner
- Front – 6.4-inch display, three capacitive buttons, 5 megapixel camera with LED flash and sensors
We will be putting the Lenovo Phab 2 Plus on our test as we use it as our daily driver. As of today, we are left impressed. It is now available at Lenovo stores and retailers for P14,999.