The ASUS Zenfone 3 Laser is one of the two most affordable new Zenfones currently available. Just like the Zenfone 2 Laser before it, the camera is the main focus of this phone. But before we go full blast for our full review, let’s unbox it first.
ASUS Zenfone 3 Laser (ZC551KL)
- Octa Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- Adreno 505 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 13 megapixel rear facing Sony IMX214 camera with laser autofocus, EIS and dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- 8 megapixel front facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth Fingerprint Scanner
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3,000 mAh battery
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0
- Price: P11,995
- Status: Available at ASUS stores and retailers
What’s inside the box?
- ASUS Zenfone 3 Laser unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
Metal! This the phone’s biggest upgrade. ASUS has ditched plastic for metal and glass on their new line. The ASUS Zenfone 3 Laser has a unibody metal design and it reminds us of many phones from HTC and Huawei with this design. Its not bad because the company did their own unique touch on its design. The device felt so small in the hand despite having a large 5.5-inch display, Big thanks to its smaller top and bottom bezels. We also find the device quite thin and light. Good job ASUS for the hardware!
ASUS has its own UI called Zen Ui. They have toned down a bit with their pre-installed apps and instead of putting their own messaging app, for expample, they opted to use Google’s own SMS app. This means updating apps for the first time will be faster and easier.
We will be bringing the ASUS Zenfone 3 Laser on our trip to Vietnam. Yes we will definitely use mainly as our main camera. We will also be exploring its battery life and the camera’s manual mode. Full review in two weeks! 🙂