It has been a great year for Cloudfone. The company has gained more following when it launched the Cloudfone Excite Prime and Thrill Access a few months ago. We love both phones despite being affordable, performance has been great. But we have been asking the peeps at Cloudfone, “When will the flagship be coming?”. It seems like our question has been answered with the arrival of Cloudfone Next. We have for review so let’s unbox it!
- 1.4GHz octa core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 processor
- Adreno 505 graphics
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory expandable via MicroSD up to 128GB
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS LCD display (1080 x 1920 pixels) with 2.5D curved glass
- Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 16 megapixel rear facing Samsung ISOCELL camera f/2.0 aperture with PDAF and LED flash
- 8 megapixel rear facing camera with wide angle lens and LED flash
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 4G/LTE, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB OTG, Fingerprint Sensor
- GPS, A-GPS
- 3,000 mAh battery with QuickCharge 3.0
- Android 6.0 Marhsmallow
What’s inside the box?
- Cloudfone Next unit
- USB cable
- Wall adapter
- Screen protector
- Case cover
- Soft clear cover
- Screen protector
Before anything else, we would like this to point out- we love the loads of freebies!! The Cloufone Next is the company’s 2016 flagship. It is the first smartphone from Cloudfone to be powered by a Qualcomm chipset. So expect pretty good performance here. The company has also leveled up the design with Next’s metal back. Holding it feels awesome! The curved back makes it easier to hold. Placing it on a table won’t make you feel ashamed even placed beside the more expensive flagships.
Upon turning on the device, we were greeted by Cloudfone’s custom skin which eliminates the app drawer. For us we really don’t mind and it gives a unique look. If in any case you have the UI, you can download a third party UI like Google Launcher or Nova Launcher.
There are a lot of things to explore with the Cloudfone Next. We will definitely put it to a test to determine its capabilities. Full review coming in two weeks! 🙂